Thread: Hit a fridge
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Waiz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z33 & GE8
Waiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpritche View Post
Yesterday, me and my dad were on I-285 headed to Rick Hendrick Chevrolet to look at getting a new company truck, and him a new Camaro. We were cruising about 85 on the interstate when suddenly the car in front of us swerves out of the way all of a sudden. What we see after the car moved was a full size refrigerator laying horizontal across our lane. My dad was driving and quickly hit the brakes and looked on both sides of us and behind us. To the passenger side was an 18 wheeler, to the driver side were 2 vehicles and behind us was another vehicle. He slowed down as much as possible but had no choice to hit the refrigerator head on. Fortunately we slowed down to about 50 and everyone was ok.

Surprisingly the damage done to the truck wasn't bad at all. I just buffed 95% of it out this morning. There are some deep gouges in the bumper, but that is to be expected. All in all I want to applaud chevy cause the silverado 1500 knocked the crap out of it, and wasn't harmed that bad.

My question to you, what is the weirdest thing you have ever hit?
Holy crap, thankfully you weren't in your Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsud 13 View Post
i use to live in arcadia, cali and there is an area in that city known for having peacocks around. i think the peacocks there are protected and musnt be harmed, or so ive been told. i was coming home around 2am in the morning, dazing off and in autopilot mode. im going around 45 and all of a sudden i noticed a peacock on the road, i swerved out of the way and smacked the curb. broke 1 rim, damaged my front bumper, and my side airbags went off.

I would have just run over the peacock

A few years back on New Years Eve I was driving home totally sober and the truck in front of me had a humongous piece of shelving fly off the back of it and hit my bumper at 75 mph.

Thankfully it was only a huge piece of styrafoam and it disintegrated all over the car. It scared the crap out of me but it did nothing to my Z.
Waiz is offline   Reply With Quote