Thread: No 2+2?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
mspeasl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Red M6 Sport/Touring
mspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond repute
Cool G37 it the new 2+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threev8s View Post
Thanks for all the replies...I will have to learn to pack lightly for weekend trips. Convincing my GF to hold her wheeled bag on her lap for 1.5 hours to make room for my clubs might not be so easy though.
Last summer the wife and I spent 4 weeks and 7000 miles in our 350. This summer we again spent 2 weeks and 3000 miles in our new 370. Now last year we did laundry during our trip. Since we weren't gone as long this year we were able to carry enough clothes that doing a laundry was not necessary. So trust me you can get just about everything you need for more than a weekend trip in the rear of these past two models of "Z's".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjanik View Post
nonetheless, I assumed the Z didn't have it for two reasons, the G37 already has it, why compete against their own brand? and because it makes the 370Z lighter faster shorter and more agile.
When Nissan returned the Z to production this last time (03) they wanted a pure sports car. By doing so the 2+2 had to go. But so many like yourself still want the rear seat option so the G35 coupe was created from scratch. In other words a clean sheet of paper. The car looks correct and does not look like a stretched glob of something that it's not. It was placed with the Infiniti line of up scale cars instead of Nissan. Now if you want a Catholic sports car the new G37 is for you. If not then the Z will be your cup of tea. In this manner Nissan has addressed both points of view and did a great job of satisfying each.