View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #22 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
It's just a purple wire that comes from the HU adapter that says 'rear view cam' no connector on the end. I've added some cable to be able to bring it to the rear of the car if need be, I just didn't know if it sends the power to the cam, or if it is the reverse tap, which is what I'm guessing it is.

I have a 2010.
Ok, so the purple wire from my HU is the pick up from the car saying it's in reverse. So that's the one I need to tap in the rear harness with. The camera will get 12v power from somewhere back there, I just don't know where, then use an RCA for the video input to the HU.

I'm gonna order it today, it comes with it's own drill bit for the bumper, just have to figure out where. I'm thinking that little square piece above the rear fog light.

Big - That piece, have you mounted a cam there before? Do you know how to remove it to do so if you have a DIY or a few pics would be graciously welcomed.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote