View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
msb3079
Base Member

Drives: 12 Touring Sport 6MT
msb3079 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to msb3079
Default I think my dealer covered up an accident.

Hey everyone... it's been a while since I've been on here, but I'm looking for your advice on what to do.

I bought a 2009 370Z "leftover" in September 2010. I had NUMEROUS problems. From September-November 2010, I was back at the dealer at least 10 times for repetitive and different issues. I won't even go into all that, but it was a ridiculous experience. And to be honest, the car has never really been right. Hasn't driven correctly, constant weird and different noises. Just a horrible experience. Before this, I had a G35 Coupe and a G37 Coupe... both fantastic experiences.

So anyway... skipping through all that. Last month, I changed insurance companies and had to have a car inspection done at a body shop. Right away she says "so this car has had body work?" I said, "yeah, over there, how'd you notice?" (There was a dent they could not fix dentless, so they had to do minor work - one of 10 issues). She said "no... this side of the car... looks like the whole side was replaced."

I can't believe I didn't notice but ALL of the labeling in the door jam... stickers, VIN plaque, etc.. all gone. Also, the plastic molding has NEVER fit right since day one. This also goes back to another issue. The driver back speaker kept blowing out. Several times in a row. I kept taking it back to be replaced. They even replaced the back sub and the front pre-amp. None of that fixed it. They would put a new speaker in and it would fry in a day. When telling this story to a buddy, he says, probably if it was hit and wires or wiring harness was hit/cut/etc... that would cause this issue.
At this point... I'm now even wondering about the frame of the car. It's never seemed to drive in balance, even when it is. I eventually just gave up and dealt with it. Thought it was just wheel issues... but thinking it could even be the frame.

The car had 3,000 miles on it. Was sold as NEW to me. I was not informed of any issues, accidents, anything like that.
My question is... how do I proceed? It seems like it was crashed and covered up... which to me, is FRAUD. I figured I'd call the dealer first and give them a shot, before going to Nissan.

Thanks for listening.. I know this is a long post. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by msb3079; 12-29-2011 at 10:14 AM.
msb3079 is offline   Reply With Quote