View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmlove View Post
waaw great shine!! great color too!! great c5 too

yup i know your right.. when we polish the car and then wax it, i dont car about the type of the wax, but i have customers who only come to wash and wax.
Then that is your opportunity to not only make more money, but educate them too. What I would do is give them what they want. However, I would do a little something else. I would polish and wax a small part of the car and show them the difference. I would then up sale my polish treatment to them and let them know that the entire car can look that way. If they truly care about their car and how it looks, they will probably jump on it. You know who your customers are and which ones are picky so those are the ones who I would target.

Don't get hung up on the price of your supplies either. Good detailers use good products and their prices reflect what their abilities are worth. When someone wants me to make their car look like mine, they ain't getting out the door for no less than $1500. Plus, they would have to leave me the car for weeks, as in more than 1.