View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jsolo
Track Member

Drives: '12 G37 6MT
Jsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really nice

Some months back, my faithful z28 (lt1 6mt) succumbed to old age. It was too rotten to repair. I bought a new fwd automatic car that had reasonable power (engine rated at 270+ hp). It came with paddle shifters too. Within a few months, I got bored of it. I very disconnected from the driving experience. Had no idea what gear the car was in when taking on/off ramps. The paddle shifters was a joke. Sometimes the indicated gear did not jive with the speed/rpm. No rev matching on the downshifts.

Got rid of that car in short order and got a 6mt g37. In a way, it's sort of an upgrade to the camaro. It's kinda/sort of a 4 door camaro. Similar/better handling, 6spd, more power, more room.

If you'd like to be more in tune with your car, absolutely get a manual. If you like to talk on the phone, drink coffee, and eat while in traffic, don't get a manual. Lack of a third hand will make all those tasks difficult.
Jsolo is offline   Reply With Quote