View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
f00d4tehg0dz
Base Member

Drives: '12 370z Gun
f00d4tehg0dz is on a distinguished road
Smile a few questions before I take the plunge!

Hey guys, I've posted a few times, and browsed and done a ton of searches for the questions I'm about to ask. Unfortunately I was never able to find a definitive answer!

First question is.. Manual or Automatic?
Over the winterbreak I went ahead and learned manual, and seem to be pretty decent at it (i hope). I've been told though, that since I live in the City (Tampa) That I have a much Higher chance of burning out my clutch with manual since I would be doing alot of stopping at lights etc. Is this true? Should I just pay the extra and get automatic? I should mention, this will be my main and only car, as I'm trading in my corolla for one of my downpayments.

Second question is Can I add the Nismo body kit later on?
I absolutely love the body kit, and saw that no matter what configuration on Nissan's site I made, I could always add the kit later. Even though I've read on here, that people have had issues. Right now I'm looking at getting the Sprt Touring Pckage, with the Nav unit in Gun Metallic.
Would Nissan install it for me later down the road?

Third question is If Automatic is the better route for me (bearing on the answer u guys provide on question1) should I just not get the Sprt Pckage and stick with Touring and Nav unit?

Fourth Question. Any shops in Tampa or surrounding areas, that could install the Nav unit unlock kit that I've seen one of the guys on the forums selling?

And last question Monthly payments. Right now I'm looking at just as an estimation putting down 11k, and in a 60month time period, I would be paying at best around 550-650 a month. Is that the normal? I don't mind paying that, just want to make sure that on average to everyone else!

Thank you guys! I'm really hoping to get my Z in Feb - April! And considering this would be my first sport car, I want to do it right!
f00d4tehg0dz is offline   Reply With Quote