View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbagandu View Post
I bought my Z not too long ago. It's an 09 nismo, #0025. I am a recent college grad and had no money saved up. I put down only a couple grand and financed the rest (about 37k). I am able to make the payments, but I feel like I should be saving money to invest and build my future. I was thinking of selling it and getting a cheaper car in the low 20k range. Possibly an 06-07 STI or maybe something else.

I need help deciding if I will regret selling it, so I am making this thread for opinions. On one hand I feel like I will miss the plethora of compliments I get from friends and random strangers (I have gotten TONS. Gotta say it feels pretty good when random people stop to tell you your car is awesome). But on the other hand I feel like I need to save money so I can start investing and be able to afford an even nicer car in the future.

Idk what to do. I know you are all strangers, but I just want to hear what you think!
well, tbh, just thinking about being responsible and saving/planning for your future puts you ahead of a lot of folks right there.

I'm always of the opinion house/savings/investmenst etc>car. Now, if you have a good paying job right out of college, maybe you could swing keeping the car and still save for the future. However, you shouldn't compromise your lifestyle (quality/quantity of food, amount you save, where you live etc) just to be able to own x vehicle. IF you are doing that, then I'd seriously look into getting into something less expensive with the knowledge that in time, you'll be in a better position to get something nice like a nismo Z or whatever floats your boat in a few years.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote