View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
Can you describe the wire, what if any connector it has and whether it is a single wire?

It could be the input/trigger signal wire to tell your HU that the car is in reverse and in that case you would connect to the reversing lights or the appropriate wire on the AV harness. What year 370z do you have? I can post some pictures to show you where to connect.

Or it could be the video in where you actually plug the camera in and in that case it will typically be an RCA connector.
It's just a purple wire that comes from the HU adapter that says 'rear view cam' no connector on the end. I've added some cable to be able to bring it to the rear of the car if need be, I just didn't know if it sends the power to the cam, or if it is the reverse tap, which is what I'm guessing it is.

I have a 2010.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote