View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlazer View Post
It's not a concern on how strong the Nismo bumper is but more of do you want to constantly scrape the underside every single day. I was scraping the under diffuser daily on my stupid rolling curb after my swift drop. I had to buy a Bridjit curb ramp. I was not worried with the bumper getting damaged or torn off, but about the toll it was doing to my under diffuser. At the daily rate of scraping, it was clear I would have to eventually replace that piece often as it gets torn up.

It's a smart way Nissan did it too, that way you don't have to replace the whole fascia. But at $350+ a pop, it is still expensive.
tjlaser - your car was what inspired me to mod mine. Rest assured I've given you credit every time someone has complimented me on my car.

Thanks for the comments. When I saw the picture of the dimpled bumper, I got worried. You can't see the diffuser scrapes unless you look under the car. It's just nerve wracking to hear that thing scrape every time I use my driveway. It's much worse than when I scraped my Touring lip.

Hopefully, that will be remedied soon.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote