View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 03:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Nismo 370z
Base Member

Drives: 2012 GM Nismo 370z
Nismo 370z has a reputation beyond reputeNismo 370z has a reputation beyond reputeNismo 370z has a reputation beyond reputeNismo 370z has a reputation beyond reputeNismo 370z has a reputation beyond reputeNismo 370z has a reputation beyond reputeNismo 370z has a reputation beyond reputeNismo 370z has a reputation beyond reputeNismo 370z has a reputation beyond reputeNismo 370z has a reputation beyond reputeNismo 370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeeZee View Post
American cars have their unique styling. It's funny because the economy is bad (for the past year or so), the "big 3" is starting to emulate Japanese cars in styling because I guess their marketing efforts are to plant a seed in people's heads that they're just as good as Toyotas and Hondas reliability-wise; and the most obvious impression is physical appearance a la the cliche "first impressions count"...Well, this is more of a reinvention of the big 3's image. Malibu's, Tauruses and the likes are starting to have contours and lines that look more Japanese rather than American.

The "bigger is better" motto doesn't work in today's economy. This motto equated to big displacement motors with lots of HP and torque in the hopes of winning over customers. Maybe the hardnosed people who are nationalistic and will never "buy Jap-junk" or "won't forget Pearl Harbor," but pragmatic people overlook such emotional ploys. That's why the big 3 are downsizing in displacement and doing the "twin turbo" thing in 6's to "replace the waste" from 8's.

Yes, Nissan's 370 IMO is a classic a la the FD3S and Supra MKIV. 10-15 yrs. down the road it'll still look fresh a la the Z32 TT's, or like Phoebe Cates walking topless near the pool in "Fast times at Ridgemont High," but not the 350 (sorry 350 drivers). But a lot of Japanese cars are stale and generic too these days.

Sorry about my digressions.
Agree with u 100% except on the 350z. I think the 350z is one of the nicest looking cars on the road right now. Call me biased if u want since I drive one, but that car was a fresh change from everything else when it came out in 2002. It helped Nissan from their troubling times and has sold very well since. The Z enthusiasts loved the cars sexy lines. Now it didnt have the exotic supercar look of the 300zx or the return to the 240 look of the 370 with the long hood, short deck but the 350 was a revolution when it came out. The 370 is more of an evolution.
Nismo 370z is offline   Reply With Quote