View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldr911 View Post
Also - I looked at the product spec. sheets for MB1 and RL and they don't seem like one is way worse than the other... I guess I can run MB1 for a for months and then try RL and see if there is a difference.

Mobil 1 Extended Performance

Red Line Synthetic Oil - Motor Oil - 5W30 Motor Oil

Also in the owners manual under “ENGINE OIL AND OIL FILTER RECOMMENDATION" it does not mention esters... But - I do see under the specifications where it does say it is "recommended".

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.co...issan-370Z.pdf

Just looking for some advise - Not trying to argue about oils.
Dude, do some research on here from 09 when many Z's were battling different types of oil issues. Its not like nissan ester was recommended right off the bat. There were many issues going on with using some basic oils. the only reason it is still only a recommendation is because some Z's didn't get to the point to have to go to the dealership for service. But anyway, this is my last post on the topic. In actuality, there's a plethora of oil threads on here. This is just one of hundreds.
Like I said earlier. If you are convinced mobil1 is best for these HR engines, then by all means be my guest.

Happy holiday n good luck to ya Ronald