View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
Thanks for the DiY Ken

This will be very helpful
np! i hope this helps someone somewhere.

--
if anyone gets stranded with their factory one with no tools at hand, try unlocking the steering column and abruptly move the column up and down a few times. i read this can sometimes un-freeze the faulty steering lock.

also, another post i saw in the GTR forum was to unplug the harness (tab on top side, so you will have to feel for it with your hand), give it a few seconds and then plug it back in. id be a good idea to keep a flash light as it's hard to see up there.

regardless, if you encounter this be sure to change the lock ASAP. a faulty lock appears to flake out repeatedly.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote