View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
Yes, the choices are as I listed. I was just pointing out to those that didn't know that you can use the factory screen with just a wiring harness on the 2010/11 cars with Nav. On the 2009 cars you can/need to use an Composite to RGB converter etc.

Many people don't realize that you can get a factory type reverse camera setup with just a plug and play harness (and camera of your choice), because the Nav system in the 370z is shared with other Nissan and Infiniti cars that have the rears cameras as standard. Nissan just don't include the necessary wiring and the camera function is disabled in the hidden menus of the Nav system. I first made these harnesses available for the GT-R and was then approached by a 370z owner on this forum and of course it worked on the 370z too.

PS: See you are in NJ also
Yup, I bought one of bdl99's back up cam "kits" (bdl99's harness and Kenwood CMOS200 cam) and it's been installed in my 370Z for a year now. Quite a simple back up cam solution with seemless OEM operation with the stock nav unit.