View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #765 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizmo370 View Post
How does she drive in the snow ?? Do you have a hard time starting from first gear ??
Well I wouldn't recommend it as a good winter car, but there are four things to consider:

1) Without Blizzaks (or other quality winter tires) a Z would be useless in the snow/ice (they are actually better on ice or very cold snow)
2) I used to deliver pizzas when I was in high school during the winter in both my Mustang and Supra, so I have a lot of experience with rear-wheel drive in the snow
3) Colorado (especially Parker where I live) does a good job of plowing the snow early so clearance isn't too much of an issue (we received 6-8 inches of snow the night before)
4) I work from home, and snow is predictable, so I can prepare and stay in if need be, but I haven't needed to yet in one and a half winters so far

Stopping and turning are solid, but getting up-to-speed can be an issue in "potato-salad" snow (a soft, crusty layer on top of a frozen later) but eventually the Blizzaks will bite enough.

Hope that helps!
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote