View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Grant_ca1
Base Member

Drives: Nismo Zed
Grant_ca1 is on a distinguished road

+1 RB Performance Brakes (aka RacingBrake)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
I'm also not a fan of cross drilled rotors on street cars. For rotors, take a look at StopTech or Racing Brake. I carry both, and they're great rotors. I also have Project Mu rotors but unless you're into baller JDM stuff, save the money for upgrading the rest of your brake system. Stainless steel lines help a lot with pedal feel, which makes brake modulation easier. The biggest thing I think you're overlooking is fluid choice. You'll definitely want to upgrade your fluid to something with a higher boiling point. A BBK is a waste for most street cars, simply because you won't ever get to the point where you'll see the benefits. BBKs don't start being worthwhile until you're doing repeated heavy braking over extended time periods.

If you budget allows for it, we've got some StopTech packages that include rotors, pads, and lines. Throw in some Motul or Endless brake fluid and you're looking at right around $1000. This will get you an excellent braking package that fits just like OEM. Click the link in my signature to browse our website. Please feel free to PM me or call/email if you have any questions!
Grant_ca1 is offline   Reply With Quote