View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #947 (permalink)
Alchemy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to acquire tickets
Alchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
I get that it is a performance spring and such, but you would have to be fooling yourself if you think the majority of the people that ordered these springs didn't get them for looks.

When they first came out, one of the big factors people were pushing was no need for a camber kit with the added bonus of a spring that rides better than stock. Look through this thread and see how many people made a special mention that they didn't need a camber kit with this springs.

Don't get me wrong, when I decide I want to install them, I will be ordering swifts (although, since I am not a track driver, I am now considering H&R's if I have to buy a camber kit for the swifts as well). I just found it odd that some people are fine without and in spec, and some people are way the ef out of it.
If you are buying Swifts for looks alone, thats just stupid. Thats what Tein and H&R are for. I feel the majority of Swift buyers ARE buying the spring for performance. If they were buying for looks why wouldnt they save $100 or so and buy H&R or Tein? Im pretty sure people know they are spending more & $ because they are buying a PERFORMANCE spring.