View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #117 (permalink)
tower74
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
tower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
Ironic that i just read the thread about the g37 with the stillen sc kit that just blew the motor right before this. but that was because of a lack of a new tune.

reasons why f.i. cars blow engines:
1) poor tune
2) bad tune
3) cheap tune
4) finding weak links that only f.i will show you. if you have something thats not happy, boost will make it very apparent.

o and did i mention tuning plays a role in blown motors?
That's why I'm going to take mine to another shop in KC to have them look at the tune I currently have on the STS turbo. 445hp with a methanol injection seams a little light and the fact my AFR gauge is not the same as what the Dyno sheet had shown, was showing in the 11's and 12's but the gauge goes to 10.1 with 8psi.
tower74 is offline   Reply With Quote