View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
chris410
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10' GT500
chris410 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Further, there have been horror stories of particulates getting pulled through the higher flow K&N filters leading to engine damage. These were mainly on cars that were turbocharged though.
That is odd...I've known A LOT of people with turbo cars back from my days of owning the Supra (including the different intakes I had on my 97TT which I upgraded to single t-78 Supra) and never heard of anything like that. Most of them used the K&N's or something similar with no issues. That and even if something gets past the filter it still has to travel through the intercooler so the intake + intercooler and still having engine problems is something new to me. Sorry to hear that!

I do agree...I don't think the drop-ins will yield any power but they do help with response a bit. I'm on the fence with which intake I'll go with G3 or Nismo so I figure while I wait they'll do their part.

Second day driving in hot weather and the mileage has improved...not that I'm overly worried about the gas mileage but that combined with the response works for me.
chris410 is offline   Reply With Quote