View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Jsolo
Track Member

Drives: '12 G37 6MT
Jsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really nice

For whatever reason, their software did not add in the doc and a county fee into the grand total price on the original sales order. I assumed it did when comparing their price against another dealer's. This made their offer look better (actually, it was by a small amount, even after the doc & county fee). Obviously the final paperwork of course included any omitted amounts. Original sales order = order estimate apparently.

What made my transaction complicated was my trade in. They took possession of it at the time of sales order signing, so in essence, I was locked to them. Why did I do this you ask. The trade in was only several months old, (2011), so to minimize the loss I'd be taking on it, I had to unload it as quickly as possible. Selling it private party would of netted roughly the same price as the trade when you figure in the tax credit. The hassles of possibly getting a few more hundred dollars via private sale were just not worth it.

I consider this a very valuable learning experience, thus the reason for the lengthy post above. Hopefully others can learn from my mistake.
Jsolo is offline   Reply With Quote