View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpathfinder View Post
Sorry to be skeptical, but I'm having a tough time believing that there's that much of a difference between 09 to 11 in terms of exhaust note, suspension softness and change in acceleration feel and delay. These components remain unchanged through the model years. Perhaps a bit of a placebo effect...fresh new car and all. Doesn't matter what I think though. The Z is an awesome car and I'm glad you're happy with your new one. GM looks great!
Those were my initial impressions coming from a mildly used Z to a new Z. The exhaust note is quieter when cruising. Cabin noise is also quieter. No placebo effect. It is what it is. Nissan has toned down the noises coming from this engine and exhaust due to complaints and has softened the suspension for the same reason. I can go over bumpy roads quicker in my 11. There's no placebo for sure. 09 would crash on certain types of bumps where my 11 can soak up just a little more.
I'm sure out on the road an 09 and 11 won't show any difference from an exterior observation. But from behind the wheel, there are some minor differences. Nothing drastic, but noticeable when having spent decent time in both.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote