View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
nmjaxx9
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370z
nmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud of

I agree with bvl.

Also, most dealers won't accept an offer if you just tell them that someone else got this price, so I should be getting the same. In most cases a written quote is necessary in order for them to even take it into consideration, and even then its not always guaranteed that you will get it at that price.

Now, as for the price, as it is a 2012, you have less bargaining power, as it is new. So paying 1500 over invoice is not unreasonable. Also keep in mind that invoice price is what the dealer paid/or is going to pay for the car, so trying to get them to sell the car under invoice, especially a new 2012 is going to be near impossible, as they are trying to make a profit. Sometimes cars do sell under invoice for different factors such as the dealers trying to meet their quota or the car has been sitting for a while. However, it doesn't seem like either is true in this case. So, I would suggest to shop around more, maybe you can find a new 2011 with the same options for a couple thousand less. If not, I suggest trying to offer a little bit above invoice like bvl mentioned and see what happens there.
nmjaxx9 is offline   Reply With Quote