View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
DinoJ
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z MB M6
DinoJ has a reputation beyond reputeDinoJ has a reputation beyond reputeDinoJ has a reputation beyond reputeDinoJ has a reputation beyond reputeDinoJ has a reputation beyond reputeDinoJ has a reputation beyond reputeDinoJ has a reputation beyond reputeDinoJ has a reputation beyond reputeDinoJ has a reputation beyond reputeDinoJ has a reputation beyond reputeDinoJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Possible limp mode?

This is very strange it's never happened before and i'm worried it could be something serious.

Today I was driving for about 20 minutes casually, not speeding or anything strenuous. It started raining very heavily and I had to stop the car when I got home, get out and put some things in the boot of the car from the garage. I left the car running while I did this (maybe 3 minutes) and then I got back in and began to drive away.

As soon as I got onto the road and tried to put it into 2nd the car started jolting very hard back and forth, same with 3rd, and 4th. I realised it was happening any time I took it to around 3k RPM. Engine temp was fine, (below 220).

So I managed to get home anyway and it's sitting outside now, i'm waiting for it to stop raining before I go check it out.

Is this limp mode? or something else? I did do some strenuous driving last night for about an hour or so on the track but I didnt get limp mode, drove it home fine, it drove fine today, and the temp last night didnt go over like 225 ish.

Any ideas??
DinoJ is offline   Reply With Quote