View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
id just commit and do it right the first time using wheel paint.

Amen!

Funny - 15 years ago, it was the lower level models of cars that came with the black trim while the premium models came with painted trim.

Maybe sometimes in our efforts to be unique, we really do more harm than good.

Everyone's taste is different, and I truely respect that, but I struggle with painting $35k - $45k cars with Plasti-Dip. Over the 35 years I've owned cars, I've done some things I regretted later, and learned some lessons along the way. The biggest being if you can't do it right, wait until you can or don't do it at all.

You can prep a part and paint it with Duplicolor and it will look like a quality job. I think the only good use for Plasti-Dip would be painting the fangs.

To each his own.

Merry Christmas All!
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote