View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
khemera777
Base Member

Drives: none
khemera777 is on a distinguished road

Ok. So I changed my mind last night and went into a dealer this afternoon looking for the 2012 touring with

- Automatic
- Sports package
- Navigation package
- Carpeted floor mats,
- Splash guards,
- LED daytime running lights
- Illuminated kick plates

They quoted $43,000. After I mentioned that someone else had gotten the same car with the same options for around $39,000 (someone on here mentioned they did that in one of the threads), they said I better go find one at that place where the person got it from. Then, they go onto Edmunds (after refusing to go onto truecar) and try to show me what they claim to be "true value." After talking to their manager, they came back with $1500 over invoice. This is factory order, btw.

Someone on here said he/she had gotten pretty much the same car for $39,xxx. I wasn't sure if it was OTD price or not and if he/she had gotten it from off their lot or factory order. Also, some people have mentioned the least is getting it at invoice. Does that below invoice or at least at invoice thing go with factory order as well?

So, the question is do you think the $1500 over the invoice is a good buy (factory order) or I can get it for around invoice or better below?

p.s. the salesperson asked me how are they gonna make money if they sell at invoice. How do they make money if they sell at or below invoice?

Thanks!

Last edited by khemera777; 12-20-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: info change
khemera777 is offline   Reply With Quote