View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Ken in AZ
Base Member

Drives: M45 2006
Ken in AZ has a reputation beyond reputeKen in AZ has a reputation beyond reputeKen in AZ has a reputation beyond reputeKen in AZ has a reputation beyond reputeKen in AZ has a reputation beyond reputeKen in AZ has a reputation beyond reputeKen in AZ has a reputation beyond reputeKen in AZ has a reputation beyond reputeKen in AZ has a reputation beyond reputeKen in AZ has a reputation beyond reputeKen in AZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
Ken, great input! Fuel starvation seems likely, after thinking it over a bit... Could be a fuel pump issue like you suggest not enough juice to get the flow up, but I basically lost ALL power so I'm assuming it is more than that right now... I suspect that with a less than full tank, the fuel pickup point in the tank is just in a bad spot... seems to happen after hard right hand turns the most! I'm going to go look at the diagrams in the service manual, but if I confirm that the pickup point is passenger side, well... and if not, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that my upcoming cobb ecu tune takes care of things... and if that doesn't work, well then we're going to have to get some serious data logging going and try to recreate while monitoring all the sensors... not sure what equipment I'll need for that, so saving it for last

... and by the way, props to you for having the best sounding exhaust on an M45 in the world!!!
I checked the FSM and it shows no fuel pump controller like the one for the M45's but you're right it does sound like a fuel starvation issue. I remember seeing an external fuel surge tank for the 350z's somewhere to eliminate the starvation issues all together, but I'm sure you've got your radar on one already btu if not, let me know and I can try and dig it up.

And talking about datalogging the ECU - it shouldn't be that tough - UpRev has the Cipher cable that connects to any laptop and through your OBDII port that can data log almost every engine function at 20 times per second - not for sure of the specs and the compatability for the 370z but I'll let you know how uprev goes on wednesday and talk to them about the ECU in your car to give you a gauge as to what you can also expect from ecu tuning. OH - and thank you for starting the other thread about your AP Racing Brakes - I was having a hard time trying not to say anything about them. Looks awesome BTW!
Ken in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote