View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 04:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
11Thumper
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z, '01 S2k
11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I also agree. The capabilities are surprisingly huge and contrary to popular belief. It takes time to understand this transmission to make it work to its fullest capacity. As the car gets to know your driving style, it begins to give better throttle response and faster shifts. No multiple drivers in this car. The more this car learns your style and only your style. The better your shift timing gets.
What I love best is that floor shifting and paddle-shifting give different driving sensations while in manual. And DS gives the most sedate shifts for instant yet smooth power. Just keep it in drive and downshift when you need a quick boost of acceleration without the aggressive feel. Leave the paddle alone for a couple seconds and you are back in D.
Yep. For a slushbox it does an amazing job. Sure, some people knock it but hey, technology changes things. Would I get 7AT again if given the choice? Probably not since my commute has changed quite a bit but hey, it may change again. Do I want to sell my Z because the 7AT is boring? Nope!
11Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote