View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
Pat C.
Base Member

Drives: 10' 370Z coupe M6
Pat C. is on a distinguished road

When I found my 10' base + Sport package this past August, it wasn't even something I had thought about purchasing. The way the car presented itself was the clincher for me. The previous owner had just installed a K&N intake system along with having paid for a clear bra. Plus, it only had 1600 miles on it!! Probably wound up paying 1 grand too much, but i know when I go out to look at it, that previous point doesn't count much.. And just like many of you are stating, the new ones really aren't that much different. If they had figured out a way to make an extra 30hp. that might sway me to new.
Color and options would be the decision-making factor for me. Have a feeling there are plenty of used ones lying around that owners bought, took great care of and just decided it wasn't a long-term vehicle for them. Heck, if i hadn't stumbled onto the fact that you can deaden the horrible road noise, I'm not sure how long I'd keep mine.
Can't imagine that you can save well over 10 -12 grand purchasing a "nice" used vehicle over the new option. Might want to check and see if one option or the other is better from an insurance cost standpoint also. Have to remember, once you've brought whatever car you chose home, everything past that is purely maintenance costs...
PS. make sure you save enough to be able to afford the "horrible" fuel mileage these cars get.....
Pat

Last edited by Pat C.; 12-18-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: left out info