View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #33 (permalink)
smoke screen
Base Member

Drives: 11 nissan 370Z BC M6
smoke screen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix 808 View Post
One thing I would ask is if you change you mind a lot about vehicles you own. If so, I would go used, less loss for when you sell. For me I hold on to things for decades & the fact that my wife wanted new, as opposed to saving about $8700 & having a fresh warranty was not enough to save in going used for us.
Financing also plays a lot into the decision. Used car loans have higher interest rates. Now if you are going to be wrenching & modding your car straight away, I would go low mileage used. You could also save a few dollars finding a 2011 left over, but I would definitely get the color & trim level you want & not settle to save 1-2 grand & be wishing you had got what you really wanted for the rest of your ownership period.

Just some things to think about

I can tell you from experience, don't settle for a color that's not your first choice. The vehicle I bought before my Z was not my first choice for color. I bought it in 2006 and will probably keep it forever, while my Z is staying out of the winter weather. I have to look at this color every day and it disgusts me that I settled on this for a lousy $500. I knew what colorI wanted for a Z, black cherry, and I waited for a 2011 with low mileage, 4200 miles. Glad I waited, with a car like this it should be everything you want.