View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #97 (permalink)
Dark Sarcasm
Track Member

Drives: 11 CTS-V Coupe
Dark Sarcasm will become famous soon enoughDark Sarcasm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
That's brings up others features and quirks worth mentioning that aren't in this thread:
  • You can multi-click the paddles before a shift completes and drop down (and presumably up? never tried) multiple gears much faster than waiting for each to complete.
  • If you're driving in D-mode, the gear indicator on the dash just shows "D", so if you're not paying careful attention to every little gentle shift you won't know exactly which gear you're in, especially at low speeds/rpms/throttle.
  • If D happens to be in gears 1-5, it generally stays in the same gear if you flip the control to M-mode. If D happens to be in 6 or 7, it downshifts to 5 when you flip the control to M-mode.
  • You can also use the paddle shifters to temporarily change gears while in D-mode, and it will revert to full-auto after you leave them alone for a bit.
  • You can defeat the auto-downshift from 7 -> 5 when switching D -> M at highway cruising speeds by clicking the upshift button first (which goes to temporary manual mode and stays in 7), and then moving the selector to M.

Note: I hardly ever use D-mode, so I could be slightly wrong on details there, but that's what I remember
This! Soo much better than flooring it and waiting on the tranny to downshift. When hitting an on ramp just click the left paddle twice and punch it!!