View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #875 (permalink)
import111
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z
import111 has a reputation beyond reputeimport111 has a reputation beyond reputeimport111 has a reputation beyond reputeimport111 has a reputation beyond reputeimport111 has a reputation beyond reputeimport111 has a reputation beyond reputeimport111 has a reputation beyond reputeimport111 has a reputation beyond reputeimport111 has a reputation beyond reputeimport111 has a reputation beyond reputeimport111 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to import111

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
The TDX with 12" resonators and Berk HFCs combination is VERY LOUD! As a daily driver, my tach is always hovering around 2-3k when accelerating. At this range, the exhaust tone is very loud. It even vibrates my interior. With SRM, the exhaust tone gets pretty loud as well. When letting off the throttle or cruising/coasting, the exhaust tone is very quiet.
Mine is the same way (12" resonators, Berk HFC's, carbon fiber mufflers). 2-3K rpm is really loud, and causes the interior to vibrate, but floor it past 4k rpm and it gets smoother and higher pitched and doesn't seem as loud.

Most of my hatch panels are taken out anyways so I will either take out the last panel (the 1 that is vibrating at 2-3k rpm) or put something soft between the panel and the metal so there is no vibrating noise anymore.

This exhaust sounds AMAZING! I have a buddy taking video for me tomorrow I think.