View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
butdamnbrian
Enthusiast Member

Drives: the ladies wild
butdamnbrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
The kenwood you only use double sided tape to stick into place, the only notch you have to make is in the light housing.
this is not a knock against any previous installs, but i still think double-sided taping a $180 camera to the exterior of the car after wiring it through a notch made to the light housing is twice the effort and ten times the money for a less elegant solution. why not just buy a twenty dollar plug and play part (that's been tested with success) for a fifth of the price? if it fails, it can be replaced cheaply with no trouble (and without having to peel tape off car).

i'm kind of surprised anyone would point a customer toward such an expensive rear camera that tapes to the bumper when there are less expensive and more utilitarian alternatives out there.

if the driver places a high premium on clarity of rear camera picture or extensive head unit control over the camera, i can understand the kenwood, but otherwise the kenwood seems like a misuse of resources to me.

Last edited by butdamnbrian; 12-16-2011 at 01:30 PM.
butdamnbrian is offline   Reply With Quote