View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Trips
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnAeroJohn View Post
I don’t care if your driving a hummer Pot holes and bumpy roads will cause problems for any car at some point. From what I understand... The suspension mechanics and components are all aligned a way to work and react with each others movements. Hitting a pot hole can (even though the bolts are tightened correctly) jolt one of the components a skew which does brake that alignment that what used to work like clock work now does not. You hit a bump or something, everything moves the right way but that one piece (or more if you hit it hard enough) and that component takes stress at the wrong angle or in the wrong part of the bar which is a weak point. That weak point bends, twists, or moves. That bend twist or off movement screws up the alignment. The screwed up alignment will cause your car to steer on its own while you are in fact holding that steering wheel properly. Or say your holding the steering wheel at an ever so light left, but the car continues to drive in a straight path. That will mess with anybody’s head. A messed head can make poor judgment at a wrong time. And if its not that poor judgment it can be one of the components ready to snap or fall apart. Ball joints, lower or upper control arm, bearings, etc.

If you hit a pot hole had enough you will feel it after that. Putting the car in reverse or first gear from a dead stop and you hear a tiny click or a pitch in one of the components. That means something is loose, bent, or about to fall apart. That needs to be checked.

Now I’m no suspension expert if anything I’m far from it. But all this to me seams like common sense. These parts are placed and tightened the way they are for a purpose and these cars are made to not be driven where jeeps can be driven. If the car hit’s a point or points where the car should not hit then it is obvious something that is not supposed to happen can or just has happened.

Correct me if I’m wrong.
you gave the detail response I was shooting for. Thanks

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote