View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maila87
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
Maila87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Maila87

As said above:

Change oil before keeping car in garage. Vapors made during combustion process are staying in oil and these acids could damage valves, piston sealings and other components during long stay. But you will be fine, mine friends Jeep Grand Cherokee stayed for 3 years outside with less than 10 starts and no preparation.

Important to fill up with premium GAS. Try to avoid to any with Bioethanol. Also is used etyl-tercbutyleter (ETBE) instead bioethanol (but is based on OIL), but helps keeping moisture away.

Battery also should be filled with distilled water, because Z is not using GEL battery (Don't know if in US, but in Europe it is liquid based).
Battery could be unplugged and sometimes recharged, or kept, but you should start car every 3 weeks and let it run for some time and recharge battery.

Paint should be clear and don't contain anything like inspect or salt. Waxing before or paint sealing is also practical.

You could use rubber sealant/enhancer and definitely should not stay without moving with them, or use jack stands.

Starting car once every 3-4 weeks will be best solution.
-->2005-6 Nissan Micra 1,3i CVT 72PS Red MY 98 -->2006-8 Nissan Almera 1,5i N16 96PS Red -->2007-8 Skoda Fabia Combi 1,2HTP 3 cylinder 60PS Green -->2008-11 AUDI TT 2,0TFSI FWD S-tronic 200PS Red MY06 -->2011 Nissan 370Z manual White Pearl
Maila87 is offline   Reply With Quote