View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #92 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Uh... it really does shift as fast or faster than 95% of people can possibly clutch in clutch out... recorded with Osiris software. Also faster in average 1/4 mile and 0-60 times, which corroborate with that. Maybe you test drove one that isn't in good repair?

It's also influenced by trans fluid temp and throttle position, so if the fluid was cold and you didn't give it much pedal, it might feel a bit more granny shift-ish.

Also best to have VDC off.

And throttle response on both AT and MT needs to be tweaked.

Anyway, like I said, you can turn the shift speed and firmness waaaay up with Osiris.

I'd try a different one or see if someone around you has a tuned one to play with before you decide... That said, if you prefer a MT, go for it!
Oh yeah, I had VDC off day before yesterdayand tried this: Shifted to manual mode @ 50 Car went into 5th. Double pulled the -shift paddle punched the gas. Lit up the tires for about 10ft in 3rd while thrusting the car forward with great attority. I didn't expect that. I was truly impressed. It's all about learning what and how to accomplish what you want out of the S7.
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote