View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #1046 (permalink)
37drift
Base Member

Drives: Infiniti G37 Coupe
37drift is on a distinguished road

Definitely need some drive-by videos. I think I was expecting something completely different this whole time. Listened to these several times on my Macbook Pro and also with high end on-ear headphones. Sadly, my current setup sounds way too close to consider the change for now.

I guess I was hoping for less of the raw metallic sound and more of an exotic throat throughout the entire powerband. I'd like the high frequencies to be muted more somehow. It's unfortunately still got that noticeable "ting" to it, which at this point I'm assuming cannot be masked. It must just be a rasp associated with our engines that cannot be shaken.

Fingers crossed for the tamed down version, and also for some dyno results. I'm personally willing to sacrifice a little HP and TQ for perfect tone. After all this time, I really want a reason to purchase this when it becomes available for the G37. Props to Tony for all of the work he has put into this though. If nothing else, I'm sure the quality will be unmatched and this will put down unmatched numbers on the dyno.
37drift is offline   Reply With Quote