View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dark Sarcasm
Track Member

Drives: 11 CTS-V Coupe
Dark Sarcasm will become famous soon enoughDark Sarcasm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Quick story... when shopping for my Z. I had 2 main colors picked out. Blue and black cherry. I really didn't want any of the other colors because they were all shades of grey and red is just overly common in dfw sports cars white black red and silver here make up 90% of most cars. When I found out my only two options were gun metallic and solid red. I was not happy. But between the two I felt gun metallic still had a unique quality even though its another DAMN shade of grey.
Well I never expected to get so many compliments on a shade of grey. I never thought anyone would notice its unique tone considering so many damn grey cars out there... but I get lots of looks and more compliments than I ever imagined.
What I like most about it is somehow it manages to be a metallic and matte grey. On a cloudy day the metallic flakes don't shine. The color begins to look like a smooth almost milky matte grey with a mild gloss overtone. On a sunny day, it gleems and glints like diamond crusted jewelry. Something that's very hard to get out of grey. The gloss is even more potent under the sun giving it a complete mirror finish which is exceptional. Its just a shame the color is being passed down to sedans and econo cars now.
So now I wanna know how many of us plunged into the GM color??? As much as I hate buying grey, Nissan makes a beautiful grey car and I'm loving gun metallic right now.
QUICK?