Thread: For your FYI
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
LisaJean
Base Member

Drives: no car!
LisaJean is on a distinguished road
Default OnStar FMV Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic370 View Post
This may not go here but here goes. I just installed the new OnStar OMV
rear view mirror in my 09 370. Yeah i know it feels strange adding a after market part from GM in a nissan.

main reason was i have a jvc unit in my car with great sound.
it was bluetooth ready but no nav. well i got tired of everyone always telling
me they could never hear me on hands free calling. trust me i must have moved the mic 3 or 4 times didn't help. and the jvc had no nav at all.

well iv'e only had the OnStar OMV a couple of days but so far so good.
easy to program contacts and has great voice recognition.

I got the Directions & connections plan which includes the nav. which i got to say is great. you can either download your route from your pc right to the mirror i used map quest or just push the Blue button and ask them anything you won't. plus you can get a 100 minute calling plan, they will give you a new number to use just in case. What sold me was the personal service they give you imho it's the best iv'e seen. Sorry to ramble about it. Justed wanted to share.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the FMV mirror, sonic370. Sounds like you really enjoy the Turn-by-Turn Navigation feature. Do you travel a lot? I do some digital work for OnStar and love hearing about subscribers' experiences.

Oh, and just wanted to let you know if you ever need to ask any questions about the FMV mirror or your service, we have a subscriber site called OnStar Connections where you can do so. Here's the link in case you need it! OnStar Connections
LisaJean is offline   Reply With Quote