View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
chris410
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10' GT500
chris410 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly yellow View Post

I would love to take a 911 for a spin, but I know I can't buy one, so I'm not going to waste another working man's time and risk damaging a car that will eventually belong to someone else so I can have a joyride.
I hope I didn't confuse anyone...I never drove the 911...it was a thanks but no thanks. They are one of my favorite cars so I simply wanted to look it over and drool a bit :-) Funny thing is the sales person was more interested in my Supra and asked me to drive it in...which I did later that day and took him for a short drive!

And when I bought my 370Z...it was before I even test drove it. Although, I did my research and have driven enough high end/sports cars that I knew I would love it...and I was right!

I could see how a dealership would require a deposit or show of interest before letting someone test drive the car. Which, my understanding is the person who made the post had intentions of possibly buying the car so a test drive seems reasonable. Just letting people walk in and take a car out does seem like a waste of time and a liability though.
chris410 is offline   Reply With Quote