View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
LafitteZ
Track Member

Drives: 40th anniversary
LafitteZ will become famous soon enough

I track my tt 370 and the temps are a problem in more then just the engine also. I boiled the diff oil and it spewed out onto the track and I didnt even know it was happening untill I got under the car and saw it. No problem I bought the nismo diff cover and it helps but it still gets pretty hot. The engine temps Iv never been on a long track with long straights that you would stay on the boost constantly but the tracks here the most iv seen is 245 oil temp. It does get a little tricky when gassing on it out of a curve because so much power comes on so fast I almost lost it a couple times. All in all none of the supercharged 350s or turbo 350s stayed up with me so I think it was pretty successful. Then again im new to the whole road course thing. As for the drag strip it was pretty cold out and the temps stayed down even when I was just about hot lapping. I have a video on youtube of me on a little road course. The other thing is sometimes when the gas got low on a hard turn it would starve itself of fuel but would regain quickly but it would make a spudder. The turbo was much harder to get used to considering the super chargers were much more predictable but all in all I had a blast. The 370 really isnt that hard to make a car you can take to the track every now and then. I have a 34 row oil cooler on my tt and thats it. If you really want a serious car to take alot itll take some extra work if you want it to be reliable.
LafitteZ is offline   Reply With Quote