View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #120 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cevans87 View Post
Okay, finally got the call back yesterday from the Nissan rep. Now I was at work when I took the call so I may have been a pushover. As soon as I hung up I decided to call back and say that I was not satisfied.

Basically, they offered me a $200 service check card that could be used at any authorized Nissan dealership, valid for 6 months. For some reason I thought "okay whatever, fine" As soon as I hung up I regretted it. I left a message asking her to call me back, haven't heard back yet.

When I do get a hold of her, I'm going to basically say that $200 for what cost me $1200 is a slap in the face.

Stay tuned for updates.

yah, you should get the whole 1200 check back if your car's under warranty.
if not, then $500 would be nice. good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Update. Recieved the car back from dealership with new IPDM installed. Drove the car home. Drove the car to school. BOOM same problem again.

Called the dealership. They are saying either new steering wheel lock or new ECU, they are not sure. I know I would love a new ECU. It would remove that ECU whine.
but doesn't the BCM suppose to handshake with the steering lock first, then tells the ECU the car's ready to start?

tell the dealer to check the steering lock revision. there's a barcode on the unit they can scan to get datecode and revision number. If your car has RevA or RevB, it needs to be changed.

also remember that this problem seems to occure more when the battery is weaker (colder weather, some cars with 3yr old poorly maintained batteries). if your battery has better cca due to warmer day, etc. chances are it can make the failed unit work again temporarily.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote