View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Nixlimited
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R / 11 Prius
Nixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@GTM View Post
Yes, injecting water does lower IAT, but meth does it better. True, water has a high heat capacity, but methanol evaporates faster and it's the change of state from a liquid to a gas that absorbs lots of heat (methanol boils at a lower temperature than water).

You don't necessarily *have* to tune for it, but it is beneficial to do so. Anyway, water injection is perfectly fine for what you want.

So, when are you going to be doing this build?
No arguments with that! Well, I am picking my car up on the 27th. So, after a full break-in and a little financial recovery from the down payment, I will be up there to see you guys. I decided to do the brakes on my car before I even picked it up so there went some of my mod money, haha.