View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Ken, great input! Fuel starvation seems likely, after thinking it over a bit... Could be a fuel pump issue like you suggest not enough juice to get the flow up, but I basically lost ALL power so I'm assuming it is more than that right now... I suspect that with a less than full tank, the fuel pickup point in the tank is just in a bad spot... seems to happen after hard right hand turns the most! I'm going to go look at the diagrams in the service manual, but if I confirm that the pickup point is passenger side, well... and if not, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that my upcoming cobb ecu tune takes care of things... and if that doesn't work, well then we're going to have to get some serious data logging going and try to recreate while monitoring all the sensors... not sure what equipment I'll need for that, so saving it for last

... and by the way, props to you for having the best sounding exhaust on an M45 in the world!!!
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote