View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #64 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Just did both of the Z's today and surprised at the color of the oil drained and the xxxxxxx on the magnetic drain plug.

First some history on both car(s).

Both are 2009 MT w/34k miles on the OEM factory installed gear oil (as in never been drained)
Reside in Northern California
Cars are garaged all of the time
Daily Driven and spirited canyon driving

After viewing the magnetic drain plug and the color of the oil being drained and after reading and seeing and hearing a lot of members drain results has me wondering IF the difference in my drains and the rest has anything to do with geographical location/weather and whether or not the car is garaged.

Any-who here are the pics. Both Z's had the same results. No sludge and hardly any metal shavings. The oil being drained still has the honey colored. All I can say is I am glad it looks like this at 34k miles on it's first drain.

ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote