View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first car forum I have ever really participated in, and one thing I have learned is that there are a lot of people out there that just enjoy going to dealerships and test driving cars. You have seen it in this thread with people test driving all sorts of cars that they probably never bought, or weren't even considering buying. When I bought my Z the finance woman told me that they have had an insane number of people come in to just test drive a Z. She said they were really frustrated with it. I was frustrated as well when I saw the miles that had been put on my car. This random test driving probably makes salesmen even more judgemental when a serious buyer walks in.

Personally, I don't go near a car dealership unless I am ready to buy whatever it is I may be looking at. I may not buy from them if the numbers don't work, or if the car isn't right for me, but I am in the market for a new car if I am there. I don't enjoy playing the game, and I don't like salesmen calling me constantly. I would love to take a 911 for a spin, but I know I can't buy one, so I'm not going to waste another working man's time and risk damaging a car that will eventually belong to someone else so I can have a joyride.