View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Data suggests otherwise. The 5-60 street start test times are identical to the c5 Corvette with the ls1. Definitely not a slouch in the lower rpm band. Driving an ls1 car and 370z, they felt very similar to me.
i dont care about data. step on the gas in 2nd gear at 10mph and its dead for almost 2 seconds before you feel any pull. that's what i'm basing my opinion on. when you step on the gas and the car doesn't go fast it feels slow.

my 335 has less horsepower and more torque and has noticeably less top end than the 370z. i believe it has 300/295 vs the 370z 332/270. as far as usable power band, when it comes to normal driving, or even spirited driving, you are spending most of your time between 2k and 4500 rpm, and if there isn't any kick in a car until 4k then that doesn't feel very fast.

obviously every car as a way to eek out the power, but theres something very nice about being able to punch a car and have it go without having to downshift 2 gears. On the 370z if you are in 6th gear cruising on the highway you've got to shift into 3rd if you want some real kick. i always felt like i was hurting the 370z when i drove it hard because you have to rev the engine so high to get some nice power out of it.

Last edited by Jeffblue; 12-12-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote