View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
An oil cooler and brake pads are a must upgrade, everything else is nice but not required to do better laps than a Z06 on street tires (vs a Z34 on slicks). And in these sessions I was following and passing an instructor at WGI, who was a very capable driver. On the racetrack you win in the corners, not on the straights - on a balanced race track anyway. So yes, if you want to drop lap times quickly tires a good way to go, but I always recommend to people not to jump to race tires right away because they can hide bad habits. I'm not trying to say that the 370Z is faster than a Z06, that wasn't my point, just that tires and grip are hugely important.
Pm sent.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote