View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
slongholio
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z AT Red
slongholio is on a distinguished road

Got about 15k on mine, and love the auto. Nothing weird about it. Glad I learned how to use the paddle shifters on the dealer demo though. Hit the downshift twice and went down to 1st gear going 30 mph. I thought you press the bottom of it to go lower, and top of it to go higher, so downshifted twice. Then I noticed the paddle on the other side. Lots of roaring, and a slight burning smell, and a shift indicator light blinking wildly at me like I was crazy until it slowed down enough. Completed the test drive happily without issue though, so I guess it was ok. They let me drive same while waiting for mine to get shipped in, and had no issues with the transmission.

It's a little noisy, but not enough that it bothers me. How much noise depends on the road surface, so definitely coming from tires. Probably due to the doors and hood being aluminum to save weight. 90% of the time it's just me in the car, and I have the stereo on, so don't even notice it.

We live on a 1/2 mile gravel road, and yeah, what's up with that hail storm sound? Sounds like gravel hitting metal which made me real nervous at first, but I haven't found any paint damage anywhere. Did get the optional color matched mud guards.

No weird squeeks or rattles though, even though daily driving on rough road for a least 1 mile per trip.

Can't speak to the snow, live in NC. We *may* get some snow. Don't know what then, no way I'm driving it then, because around here, people don't know what the heck they're doing, so I'm more worried they'd hit me, even if I was able to go.
slongholio is offline   Reply With Quote