View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
No....Oil pressure, as reported by the stock sensor is On or OFF. You would need a pressure reading sensor, as a dedicated gauge would use, to come up with an electronic reading. OBD doesn't care much about oil pressure..
Did you add a oil pressure gauge to your 370Z? Where is the best location to install an oil pressure sensor. I'll likely ditch either the clock or the oil temp gauge and install either a separate oil pressure gauge or a SPA dual oil temp/oil pressure gauge.

Also, I am thinking on adding a oil by-pass/oil filter relocation kit. Amsoil sell's one for the 370Z. This kit installs via the spin-on oil filter location on the engine. Feed lines go to the remote oil/by-pass filters then return back at the engine's oil filter location.

If a oil cooler is added, is it best to send to the oil cooler before the remote oil/by-pass filter prior to returning back to the engine? I'm not sure whether the mocal sandwich plate is compatible.
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote