View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 02:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
I have been looking non stop for a white/frost gray with sports/nav for over a month and have no luck. I have searched through three states. My dealer found one with all the specs i want but with charcoal interior. I was thinking about settling with that one or ordering and waiting three months for the white/frost gray. I have seen the white on frost, but i have never seen the white on black in person so I can't really make a choice. I hear that the gray ages terribly. I really love the frost but I really would like to have the car already. If only there was a white on black that I can see in person so that I can chooser easier. So should I wait for the white/frost or should I settle with white/black?

BTW, persimmon is out of the question!!
I know your pain. I had to wait 20 years to get a new Z and I was going to custom order the exact car I wanted. To make a short story long :P when I was ready to pull the trigger the guy who was going to order in the car I wanted was no longer with the dealership. Here in Canada we don't get to choose the colour we want so I was bummed that I was going to be able to custom order and the guy that had the power to do so was gone. I thought of ordering in what I wanted still (Prussian Blue/6MT/Sports/Touring(not a choice)/No Nav/Frost) but I had a chance to get a PB/6MT/Sports/Touring/No Nav/Charcoal.... Remember I had been waiting 20 years already so it wasn't like I couldn't wait to get a custom order in (if it was possible). I made a decision and although I really wanted the Frost I ended up getting the Charcoal.

I hardly look back now and in hind sight I'd rather have the Charcoal that looks nice all the time than the inevitable discolouring of the Frost. It looks sharp but its nigh unto impossible to keep up to perfection.

I've been ENJOYING my car to the nth degree for the last two months and my poor friend who ordered before I bought my car is likely waiting until December to get his.

Get the Charcoal I say. The seat colour in Charcoal looks great and when you are ripping it up in your new 370Z you'll never even think about what colour your seats are